MPPT stands for Maximum Power Point Tracker. The Yeti Lithium Solar Charging Optimization Module is an external MPPT and when installed properly, actively monitors the energy source you’re using to charge the Goal Zero Yeti Lithium and optimizes the source to maximize power, resulting in up to 40% faster charge times, especially from solar panels. You may also notice better charge times from AC when utilizing the Yeti Lithium’s AC charging cable plugged into the module.
Q: How many solar panels can I plug into the module?
A: There are three inputs on the module that can be used at the same time; however, do not exceed more than 22V under standard use, as this can result in damage to the Yeti Lithium and potential bodily injury. We recommend chaining solar panels in parallel (positive to positive, negative to negative, etc). We’ve taken the guesswork out of chaining when using Goal Zero Boulder Solar Panels, the 8mm blue-ringed connector and combiner cables properly chain our panels together for approved use with the Yeti Portable Power Stations.
Q: Can I plug solar panels into the module and the Goal Zero Yeti Lithium input ports at the same time?
A: Yes; however, we recommend using the module’s inputs for solar panels since it can optimize the charging efficiency up to 40%. You may even notice up to 20% more efficiency when charging the Yeti Lithium from the wall when using the module.
Q: Can I use non-Goal Zero Solar Panels or a custom wiring solution or any solar configuration that may be over 22V open circuit voltage
A: Most likely, but please call our solar experts at 888-794-6250 to ensure safe and optimum connections
- This MPPT solar charging optimization module works exclusively with Goal Zero Yeti Lithium Portable Power Stations
- Compatible with Goal Zero Yeti 1000 Lithium and 1400 Lithium models, and included with the 3000 Lithium model
- Optimize power input, resulting in up to 40% faster solar charge times and 20% faster charge from the wall
- 8mm charging port: 15-22V per port and maximum of 150W per port
- Power Pole charging port: 15-22V with a maximum of 360W